Recruitability in a Retained Search
The Seriousness of Recruitability in a Retained Search
• The client exclusively retained Summit Talent Group (STG) to conduct a national executive search for talent.
• STG develops a candidate slate to present to the client.
• STG guarantees the client that the selected candidate will be gainfully employed, for a specified
period of time.
• STG respects the time and energy put forth by both the candidate and the client throughout the
- Dedicate the time to the interview process (preparation, travel, time off from work)
- Ability to proceed to the final stage of the interview process, without interruption
- Understand all the implications and changes inherent in accepting the new position,
- Motivation/ Am I really considering a job change?
- Job changes
- Career trajectory
- Sustainable accomplishments, outcomes and supporting metrics
- Expertise and core competencies, aligned with client job requirements
- Education and certifications
- Revision of resume and other documents into STG Best Practice Guidelines© format
- What is happening (self-reflection) in the personal and professional life of a candidate?
- What are the impediments (competing factors) to moving forward with the new executive role being presented?
- Dialogue to mutually surface candidate contingencies, roadblocks and/or barriers:
- Relocation and family dynamics
- Current and future workplace compensation commitments, vesting, benefits
and payment timing
- Counter-offer; positioning with current employer
- Succession plan; internal promotion; interim assignment or expansion of duties
- External interviews and active networking
- Reorganization; job elimination (severance)
- Previous executive search firm experiences
- Post-employment restrictions (non-compete/non-solicitation, resignation
- Background and reference checks
About Summit Talent Group LLC: A boutique executive search and interim leadership placement firm with a national healthcare practice.
Contact: 5850 Waterloo Road, Ste. 140, Columbia, MD, 21045
Proprietary Oct 2019