Summit Talent Group Initiates Search for President, Ahuja Medical Center
University Hospitals (UH) has retained Summit Talent Group to conduct a national search for the position of President, UH Ahuja Medical Center (President). Reporting to the President, University Hospital Medical Centers, the incumbent partners with the UH Ahuja Medical Center Board of Directors, employees and the community to promote the mission & vision of UH and “The Ahuja Way” of patient-centered care.
UH Ahjua Medical Center is 144 licensed bed destination regional medical center with a keen focus on complex care for cardio, neuro, ortho/joint replacement and cancer surgeries. UH Ahuja Medical Center and associated outpatient locations, will provide a range of adult medical and surgical services including advanced minimally invasive surgery, orthopedic surgery, and cardiovascular services; adult and pediatric outpatient services; emergency department services; and other services and physician practices.
Currently undergoing a $200m expansion from a medical center to a full-service campus, UH Ahuja Medical Center will feature state-of-the-art emergency room, labor & delivery, radiology, women’s health and comprehensive breast health center, NICU, ambulatory surgery, observation and short-stay units, and a sports medicine complex.
Critical to success in this role is the ability to adroitly manage daily hospital operations in concurrence with the on-going construction expansion. In unison with leading operations, addressing priorities, and championing culture, the incumbent embraces staff and community stakeholder with leadership, gravitas and genuineness.
Operations – P&L management, strategy execution, financial health, clinical outcomes, team engagement (physician, nurses, staff), risk avoidance, governance, and system initiatives.
Priorities – operational excellence, contribution margin, market share, case mix & complex surgeries, service line expansion, patient experience, clinical programming and care delivery.
Patient First Culture – safety & quality, process improvement, high reliability, daily safety huddles, employee experience, innovative idea generation & execution, and goal-driven teams.
Highly valued are candidates with a demonstrated track record of success with growth initiatives, system standardization and physician network development. The ideal candidate will be a sitting hospital president or regional chief operating officer with 10 years’ experience in a large/complex integrated healthcare system. Preference for experience in an academically based system. A master’s degree is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities include:
• Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to plan and build new / start-up services
• In-depth knowledge of healthcare trends, financing, provision of care and health care delivery systems
• Demonstrated people leadership skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of constituents and demonstrated ability to lead and manage through influence
• Ability to lead and achieve results in a highly matrixed environment
• Demonstrated customer service skills and high physician and employee engagement results
• Proven track record and demonstrated ability to create and lead a highly effective goal-driven team
• Management skills inclusive of goal setting and Continuous Quality Improvement processes
For more information about this Vice President, Reliability, Quality & Patient Safety position and to apply, click here.